The questions and answers set out below should hopefully provide a useful starting point to help build an overview of the process. To get into the detail and look at it more comprehensively we recommend booking an initial consultation.
- This will cover giving you professional advice on being a landlord, the rental market, preparation of your property and rental valuation.
- Proceeding to marketing your property, we use the major internet portals, local and regional press and our own website.
- We provide vetted appointments with accompanied viewings. Prospective tenants are fully referenced to include credit searches. Accurate Tenancy Agreements are vitally important and our comprehensive documentation benefits from many years of experience to protect our landlords.
- We will run through Statutory Energy and Safety Compliance and give you advice to ensure your compliance including EPCs (Energy Performance Certificate), gas checks, electrical certificates and fire safety legislations.
- It is useful to understand Buildings and Contents Insurance to ensure that your insurance provides specific over against the risks faced as a Landlord.
- We will advise re Professional Cleaning, Maintenance, and any other preparation requirements.
- Inventories and Schedules of Condition are essential to protect your interests throughout and at the end of the tenancy, especially if there is a dispute.
GUARANTEED RENT SCHEMES & PRIVATE SECTOR LEASING
Private sector leasing is a partnership between Mack Residential and Local Authorities which provides Landlords with the security of GUARANTEED RENT, paid on time every month and peace of mind from professional property management.
If your property is placed on one of our lease schemes then we lease the property directly from you. This is for a fixed period at a fixed rent, with no set up fees, commission or monthly management charge. It is guaranteed void free income for the term.
A simple inspection to confirm the property meets our required standards is the first step towards accessing our GUARANTEED RENT schemes. From approval and acceptance onto a scheme the leasing process can be as quick as from 24 hours to a maximum of 10 days.